We can provide guidance and assistance in the formation of UK companies, to ensure that the appropriate company structures are put in place and statutory records are prepared, specifying the responsibilities and relationships between involved parties, and taking into account the intended growth and development of the company.
Whether we have arranged the formation of your company, or you have an existing company, we are able to provide full Company Secretarial Services.
Whilst the Companies Act 2006 has removed the requirement for a private company to have a company secretary, many of our clients have concluded that it is better for administrative purposes to retain the position of company secretary. A company secretary can perform a wide variety of tasks in order to ensure that the company’s statutory obligations are complied with. These tasks often require specialist, up-to-date knowledge of company law matters.
We can arrange to serve as Company Secretary to ensure that these statutory requirements are fulfilled and that your statutory records are appropriately maintained, leaving the day-to-day running of the company to the Directors.
We can perform the following company secretarial duties on your behalf:
- Filing of the annual return (subject to receipt of all requisite documents)
- Reminder when the accounts are due to be filed
- Preparing notices and issuing them in accordance with statutory time limits
- Preparing proxy notices
- Appointment and resignation of Directors
- Changes to the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Allotment and subsequent transfer of shares
- Re-organisation of share capital
- Preparation and filing of other company documentation as and when necessary